- Sketch to Screen - The Art of Hollywood Costume Design
- A knitted calendar - you rip out the days as they pass. Oddly poetic.
- I'm not a huge fan of television as a rule, but I love how this TV set is displayed.
- Historic Crafts currently looking at spinning, weaving and dyeing.
- The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks.
- Ask A Real Musician: Five Metal Singers. A classically trained singer listens to five very distinct metal singers. A really interesting read.
- Is England the most overcrowded country in Europe? How to use statistics in a proper way.
- Heja Sverige - a really interesting editorial from a Swedish newspaper (warning: it's in Swedish and deals with Scandinavian politics!)
- "No, You Can't Pick My Brain?" - I found this via my mate Ras who works as pro photographer in Seattle and who is fed up with a certain kind of people asking for a certain kind of advice. I can really relate to both Ras and the brain-picked article writer. And I now identify as a popcorn machine. Pop. Pop.
PS We went to the Joseph Beuys exhibition today. I didn't like it much - I thought it was simultaneously too masculine and too infantile and too tied to Beuys' own myth-making. We then went upstairs to Aspects of Scottish Art 1860-1910 and whilst some of the art was too chocolate-box for me, I enjoyed it more than I did Beuys. You can try to lead this girl to Fluxus, but she does like her early 20th C art. Sigh.